Forget the boxed mixes and microwaves – these brownies are pure, unadulterated chocolate indulgence.
Whether you’re looking to impress house guests, fancy a sweet treat or just want your home to smell meltingly delicious, these chocolate fudge brownies are the one size fits all answer.
To create these decadent fudge brownies all you’ll need is…
- 225g Butter
- 450g Caster Sugar
- 140g Chocolate of choice
- 5 Free-range medium eggs
- 110g Plain flour
- 55g Cocoa powder
- 1 tin of meltingly delicious Gardiners fudge of choice
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180 degrees and lining your baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large sauce pan, over a low heat, slowly melt your butter.
- once the butter is melted, stir in your sugar and dark chocolate (save some chocolate aside) and mix until dissolved.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly so as not to cook the eggs.
- Beat in your eggs thoroughly, making sure it doesn’t curdle.
- Once combined sift in your flour and cocoa powder and mix until you’ve got the perfect gooey, batter consistency.
- Mix in some chopped fudge pieces and break in the chocolate that your saved behind earlier.
- Pour the batter into your baking tray and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- We know it’s difficult, but leave the brownies to cool down.
- Time to enjoy all your hard work, cut and serve ( or take a fork and the full tray and whack on your favourite movie)
With their irresistibly fudgy centers, these brownies are guaranteed to disappear faster than you can say “chocolate.” So gather your nearest and dearest, and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, (or two, or three…) and enjoy the pure, unadulterated bliss.
If you happen to recreate this recipe, be sure to tag us in any photos on our socials! And if you’ve got any fudgey recipes of your own, we’d love to hear all about them.